Lace front wigs are a popular choice for people who want to change their hairstyle without committing to a permanent haircut or color. They offer a natural-looking hairline and can be styled in a variety of ways.
However, choosing a lace front wig can be overwhelming, especially for beginners. In this article, we will guide you through the process of selecting a suitable lace front wig.
1. Determine the wig cap size The first step in choosing a lace front wig is to determine your wig cap size. Wig caps come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. To measure your head size, use a soft measuring tape and measure around your head, starting from your forehead and ending at the nape of your neck. Record the measurement and compare it to the wig cap size chart provided by the wig manufacturer.
2. Choose the hair type Lace front wigs come in different hair types, including human hair, synthetic hair, and a blend of both. Human hair wigs are more expensive but offer a more natural look and feel. Synthetic hair wigs are more affordable and require less maintenance, but they may not look as natural. If you are on a tight budget, a synthetic wig may be a good option. However, if you want a more natural look and are willing to invest in a high-quality wig, human hair wigs are the way to go.
3. Select the hair color Choosing the right hair color for your lace front wig is essential to achieving a natural look. If you are unsure about the color, consider matching it to your natural hair color or choosing a color that complements your skin tone. Most wig manufacturers provide color charts to help you select the right shade.
4. Determine the hair length Lace front wigs come in different lengths, from short to long. The length you choose will depend on your personal preference and the occasion. If you want a wig for everyday wear, a shorter length may be more practical. However, if you are looking for a wig for a special occasion, a longer length may be more appropriate.
5. Decide on the wig style Lace front wigs come in different styles, including straight, wavy, and curly. The style you choose will depend on your personal preference and the occasion. If you want a wig for everyday wear, a straight or wavy style may be more practical. However, if you are looking for a wig for a special occasion, a curly style may be more appropriate.
6. Consider the wig cap construction Lace front wigs come in different cap constructions, including full lace, lace front, and monofilament. Full lace wigs have a lace cap that covers the entire head, while lace front wigs have a lace cap that covers only the front of the head. Monofilament wigs have a cap made of a thin, breathable material that mimics the scalp. The cap construction you choose will depend on your personal preference and the level of comfort you want.
7. Check the wig density Wig density refers to the amount of hair on the wig. Lace front wigs come in different densities, from light to heavy. The density you choose will depend on your personal preference and the occasion. If you want a natural look, a light to medium density may be more appropriate. However, if you want a more dramatic look, a heavy density may be more suitable.
8. Try on the wig Once you have selected a lace front wig, try it on to ensure it fits properly and looks natural. Adjust the wig to fit your head and use the combs and adjustable straps to secure it in place. Style the wig as desired and make any necessary adjustments. In conclusion, choosing a suitable lace front wig for wig beginners can be a daunting task.
However, by considering factors such as wig cap size, hair type, hair color, hair length, wig style, wig cap construction, wig density, and trying on the wig, you can find a wig that looks natural and suits your personal style. With the right wig, you can transform your look and boost your confidence.